The Fred and Barbara Borga Award supports undergraduate students at the University of Arizona who are majoring in Religious Studies with a concentration in Religious Studies for Health Professionals.
The Borga Award has been established in memory of Fred and Barbara Borga through the generosity of their son Ross Schwartzberg. The amount of the award varies from year to year. Awards typically range between $1,000-$2000.
- Must be a Religious Studies Major with a concentration in Religious Studies for Health Professionals
- Must be currently enrolled and in good standing at the University of Arizona
- Must have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
Application: Applicants must submit the following materials:
- Transcript (official or unofficial)
- Letter of application (1-2 pages) that addresses the following:
- Describe your academic and/or professional goals, and discuss how the Religious Studies for Health Professionals major is contributing to these goals.
- Discuss any distinctions you have had as a student at the University of Arizona, such as your academic merit, any extracurricular activities, any awards, honors, or notable achievements, and/or any challenges (including financial) you have faced in pursuing your goals.
- Your letter of application must include your name, your UA email address, major(s) and minor(s), GPA, anticipated graduation date, and list of RELI courses taken to date.
Applications must be received by 5:00PM on Friday, March 15, 2019. Applications can be submitted in person at the front desk of Learning Services Building 203 or as PDF email attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org.