Religious Studies is now accepting applications for the Rombach and Bretall Scholarships. The application deadline is November 1, 2021.
Awards will be made based on academic achievement, need, and seniority in the Religious Studies Program (the number of courses taken toward completing the Religious Studies major).
Value of Scholarship: $1,000-$2000
- Applicants must be Religious Studies majors in good standing.
- Applicants must have a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Awardees must be enrolled in a minimum of 12 units of credit at the University of Arizona during the 2022 Spring semester. Awards are distributed to awardees' bursar accounts to use for educational expenses during the Spring semester.
To apply for this funding, please email the following to Marcela Thompson (firstname.lastname@example.org) by November 1, 2021:
- Your University of Arizona transcript. It is fine to send an unofficial transcript.
- A 1-2 page letter of application, addressing the following points: a) Why did you choose to major in Religious Studies? b) What has the Religious Studies major meant to you? In other words, what impact has the Religious Studies major had on your experience as an undergraduate at the University of Arizona? c) How will this scholarship help you to achieve your goals as a Religious Studies major?
- At the top of your letter of application, please include the following information: your name, your university email address, your major(s), your expected graduation date, and the Religious Studies courses you will have completed by the end of Fall 2021.
Recipients of a previous Rombach/Bretall Scholarship during a regular award cycle are not eligible for a second scholarship. Recipients of Emergency Rombach funds ARE eligible to apply for a regular Rombach/Bretall Scholarship (if not previously received during the regular award cycle).