Fred and Barbara Borga Award for Religious Studies for Health Professionals
The Fred and Barbara Borga Award supports undergraduate students at the University of Arizona who are majoring in Religious Studies with a concentration in Religious Studies for Health Professionals.
The Borga Award was established in honor of Fred and Barbara Borga through the generosity of their son Dr. Ross Schwartzberg. The amount of the award varies from year to year.
Typical Value of Borga Award Scholarship: $1,000-$2000
Application deadline: March 17, 2023. Apply at the link below.
- Must be a Religious Studies Major with a concentration in Religious Studies for Health Professionals
- Must be currently enrolled and in good standing at the University of Arizona
- Must have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
When applying, students must submit a statement of intent, which includes the following:
- At the top of your statement, please list 1) your name, 2) your email address, 3) your major(s) (and minor, if any), and 4) your anticipated graduation date.
- In 1-2 pages, proved a detailed statement about your interests in Religious Studies for Health Professionals, including:
- Why did you chose the Religious Studies for Health Professionals concentration in the Religious Studies major?
- What are your academic and/or professional goals, and how does the Religious Studies for Health Professionals major contribute to these goals?
- Discuss any distinctions you have had as a student at the University of Arizona, such as your academic merit, any extracurricular activities, and any awards, honors, or notable achievements.
- If applicable, please discuss any challenges (including financial) you have faced in pursuing your goals.
Applications can be submitted to: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdu958B1NZNIa918VZiVAvID7xnumCUaqdyFhFCzq-fc1H3nA/viewform?usp=sf_link