Applications are now being accepted at LSB 203 through January 29, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
NOTE: Applicants are also required to apply for the SILLC Global Award, due on January 22, 2019. See: http://sillc.arizona.edu/sillc-global-award-fund
The Donna Swaim International Award for Religious Studies enables academically-prepared Religious Studies majors to study the religions of the world in the context of their cultures, through study abroad opportunities. This fund was established in 2014, to honor Professor Donna Swaim’s 50 years of teaching and service at the University of Arizona.
The Religious Studies Program accepts applications for the Donna Swaim International Award each January. Applicants must be Religious Studies majors enrolling in UA-approved Study Abroad (SA) programs for Summer or Fall 2019. The Religious Studies Program will award up to 2 (two) $600 scholarships to be applied to program-related fees and tuition. Recipients will be chosen based on academic excellence and financial need.
- Applicants must be Religious Studies majors in good standing
- Applicants must have a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Applicants must be accepted in a UA approved Study Abroad Program (for information on SA Programs and your UA Religious Studies degree, contact Dr. Caleb Simmons at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Applicants are also required to apply for the SILLC Global Award (due one week prior to Swaim deadline: http://sillc.arizona.edu/sillc-global-award-fund)
- Award Application Form
- Letter of Application addressing the following areas:
- How SA will enhance your academic, personal, and/or career goals
- How your chosen SA program enhances your Religious Studies degree
- Your experience living/traveling outside the U.S. (preference will be given to students pursuing new experiences through SA)
- Financial need
Applications are due at LSB 203 no later than January 29, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.